Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Treasure



What a weekend! I have been blessed beyond words with the most precious looking and beautiful little girl. I have a daughter! Are you kidding me? I've heard it said as a line someone uses to hit on girls, and I've heard it this way as well, and that's how I mean it, but God was showing off when he made her. How on earth does he take a man like me, an amazing woman like my wife and the three of us create this treasure. That's what she is, my treasure. She my heart.

I have learned something this weekend too. To all my friends and family and relatives who have been blessed with motherhood, I salute you. It is not easy, but the gift is so rewarding. I have no idea how much pain you endure during, and how much it hurts after, but after seeing my wife be brave through her pain, and loving on her daughter while hurting, I am deeply amazed and impressed by women. You have more than my respect you have my appreciation for what you willingly choose to do.

To my daughter, Jordan Makayla, I say this:

I love you so much. I am honored and blessed by you. And even at only a day old, you made me smile, you made me laugh, and you impressed me with your smile, and perkiness. I know that I will make mistakes. I won't always say the right thing. I won't always do the right thing. However, I will love you with all my heart and protect you as you are my treasure, and heart. It is my hope and prayer for you that you live life to the fullest, that you love life with all you have, and that you never take anything or moment for granted. This is the best day of my life so far, and yours has just begun. I look forward to the moments that we get to share the memories we get to make together, as a family. May God bless your life, abundantly and much more than I could ever imagine.

Until next time
P

No comments:

Post a Comment