Friday, March 16, 2012

Fears

I have to say, that when I learned I was going to be a father, and learned that I would be the one that stayed home with her during her first months, many many fears entered my mind. Would I be good at this, would she be all right in my care, would I actually enjoy it? Those and many more fears entered into my world.

After three months, almost four, I have to say that I enjoy it more than I thought I would. She's fun to be around. Yes, she's had her moments of crying for hours on end, and has driven me nuts from time to time. However, I wouldn't trade getting to know her for anything. I love seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, and look forward to her getting mobile and making me keep my eyes on her at all times.

As I type this, she is at my feet in her chair sound asleep. It's fun watching her sleep not just because she's so peaceful, but also because I can tell when she dreams. She moves and squirms and it's oh so cute and charming. I love it.

I am still afraid that I won't be the best dad for I can be all the time, but I will certainly do my best. No amount of fear can replace the joy of being around her, and doing the best I can to raise her to be the best darn girl she can be.

Every parent looks at their child and thinks it, or says it aloud, and I am no different but I have the most adorable little girl in the world. She's just too good to be true sometimes.

Until next time
P

No comments:

Post a Comment